Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 7

I have been using iGoogle for some time but plan to use more of the features now. I am especially interested in Google Reader as a way to keep up with new information in one place.

Google Earth is a fantastic application that I love to use with my students in many different ways. Sometimes I use it to introduce a place that we are reading about before reading a book. I also like to let the kids use it to explore when they are doing research. They love being able to zoom in and see pictures of the actual places and seeing where they are in relation to those places.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of using Google Earth to view a location before starting a book or a topic. The books we read in class take place all over the world. This is a great tool to use to grab the students' attention and motivation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete