Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 11

I really liked LibraryThing. I have used a similar site on Living Social that allows you to post a tab for books to your Facebook Profile. Many of the features are similar but scope is much more limited on the Living Social site. I signed up for a ton of groups - probably more than I can keep up with. I signed up for a couple on children's literature, a couple for librarians and one for historical fiction. I also signed up to be an early reviewer and review advance copies of books. There were no books currently available to sign up to review, but I will keep checking back.

I can see using this tool in the library to remind me of books to recommend to students and teachers. The tag feature will be especially helpful for those who need a book about...

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Library Thing is a great tool to remember books to recommend to teachers and students. I spend so much time reading and yet when I try to recall titles to recommend, I sometimes draw a blank!

    ReplyDelete