Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 6

I created this trading card on the trading card site. This would be a great project for my students! We often make trading cards as a product for Big 6 projects but we have done it using Publisher. This application would be quicker for the kids and allow them to spend more time focusing on the research and text instead of learning Publisher. I am not sure if this would work at school because of the filters on campus, but it is a great application. I also liked several other applications that allowed you to make collages and mosaics. I can see how these images would make presentations more engaging. I am anxious to try linking to these sites at school to see if students will be able to use them in the library setting.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you can take a set of your samples with you to talk to the powers that be if you discover that these sites are blocked and show them what the kids could be doing!
    direct them to the list of players where they can see all the other great examples!

    maybe you will be pleasantly surprised and it won't be a problem at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of a lot of ways to use the image generators as well. I don't know how we would be allowed to let students sign up for free accounts, but there must be a way.

    ReplyDelete